Friday, June 5, 2009























Today I got a brown paper package tied up with string.
I must be in the only profession where one can still get these regularly:):):)
I think packages from the Indian Postal Service are the most brilliant ever,and the postmen working inside those beaten buildings are the most genuinely good tempered people.They work in a maze of shelves and cupboards surrounded by indigo blue Indian Post bags in the midst of wooden furniture so weathered,the edges were shining..sigh..
..I met a bunch of 5 really old men there,who fussed around my package and asked for all forms of identity proofs before they let me even see anything. I completely enjoyed the bullying,it sounded like my grandfather cribbing about how irresponsible everyone was getting about their belongings(I was 6 days late in collecting the pack),only there were five grandpas here.After fifteen minutes of talking,a cool drink in hand, I was given the package without any legitimate address proof whatsoever, chatting with one of them about how names of people in the south of India work..my name is milann tress john,my brother is jitin abraham john,my father is john abraham,yes he was in the Army,yes ..in the Para regiment,no I've never jumped from a plane..
.
.
which DHL employee would you like to have a conversation like that with ,huh?:)