Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rohtang

In Rohtang...
that’s when I saw them first, the wild horses..
I must learn to keep some things safe in my mind, away from words, away from film. Away.
That's what I thought when I saw them.

.
.
.

I walked up to this beautiful brown muscled mare and sat on the ground reaching my hand out.
I sat and kept the hand out.
She was grazing by a little stream.
She stopped and looked at me and stood still too.
She walked up.
She came a foot away from my hand and looked at me, raising her head to my eye level.
We stared for a bit.
She touched my hand with her muzzle, and stepped back. A second later ,she leaned it into my palm. I could feel her weight in the push.
We could have ridden, I know.
We could have ridden.
There will be time soon.

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from Milann's posterous

1 comment:

T said...

o my god.
o god.
wow.

some things away from words. yes. often have to remind myself that that's ok.

o milann this place...