Friday, August 22, 2008

'the perfect human',jørgen leth,1967


.
.
i've put the google video link also up there,just in case youtube malfunctions,also it's a longer version.
i'm trying to get my hands on all the parts of the film 'the 5 obstructions',by lars von trier (2003),which came as a play on the film 'the perfect human'.in the film,lars creates obstructions in the film making process for his mentor jørgen,the assignments being an attempt to wean his mentor off of his self imposed isolation.
to me,parts of the film incorporate very colonialist thoughts,...the white man's nightmare could be and should be laughed at.
but it's an interesting look at what i keep fighting with myself, when i place myself as the director ,the observer and direct my actors to move.
here's the trailer of 'the 5 obstructions'..

No comments: